Flawless skin, even skin tone, desirable complexion – these are not always dependent on your genes. More often than not, your skincare routine plays a major role in determining the kind of skin you have. The goals of every person’s skincare routine might be different but the underlying desire to have healthy skin ties them all together. All set to embark on the quest of identifying your daily skincare routine? Here is everything you need to get started!
Develop your skincare routine in 3 easy steps-
- Identify your skin type
- Select the right products for your daily skincare routine
- Understand the correct order of skincare products
Identify your skin type
Skincare routine cannot have a one-size-fits-all approach. It is a deeply personal and subjective process that depends on various factors like age, skin type, lifestyle, and sleeping habits. The primary step to starting your skincare routine is identifying your skin type. This will help you to determine the kind of products suitable for your skin.
Skin types are broadly classified into three categories-
- Oily- If you tend to sweat a lot and find your face getting greasy multiple times a day, you mostly have an oily skin type.
- Dry- People belonging to this category have skin that feels rough and flaky. It can feel uncomfortably itchy and dry even after the application of a moisturizer.
- Combination- Those who belong to this category have dry skin on the cheeks and chin area while the T-zone (nose and forehead) feels oily.
Select the right products for your daily skincare routine
Now that you have identified your skin type, it is time to select the right products for your beauty routine. Determining your skin type will have given you a basic idea of the issues you wish to tackle through your skincare routine. Based on these issues, zero down on the skincare products you need for your daily skincare routine.
To have an affordable skincare routine, we advise you to go for natural products such as Aloe Vera, Cucumbers, Honey. They will help you to combat various skincare problems in a chemical-free way.
Understand the correct order of skincare products
Determining the correct order of skincare products is a critical part of any skincare routine. According to experts, this crucial step ensures that your skin reaps the maximum benefits of every product you use. To see the best results of your skincare regime, keep in mind the CTM rule. CTM stands for Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturizing.
- Cleansing- It gets rid of all the dirt, oil and makeup that clogs the pores of your skin. This step thoroughly cleans your skin and prepares it to absorb the products used in the next steps. We recommend using UppWell’s reusable makeup remover pads for cleansing your face. They are the best makeup remover wipes that are not only affordable but also suitable for all skin types.
- Toning- It restores the balance of your skin. Using a suitable toner helps to stabilize the pH of the skin while nourishing it. Toners are either alcohol-based or water-based. Depending on your skin type, choose the right toner to be a part of your skincare routine.
- Moisturizing- It hydrates your skin as well as makes it soft and supple. The right moisturizer locks the moisture in your pores and helps in maintaining healthy skin.
All these steps can be repeated as a part of your night-time beauty routine and your day-time beauty routine. Both these routines may also incorporate the use of additional skincare products depending on the issues you face. But, irrespective of the routine type, the CTM order remains the same.
Tips for maintaining healthy and flawless-looking skin
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep
- Include fibrous food, proteins, and citrus products in your diet
- Avoid going out in the sun without using SPF products
Do not forget, there is no universal fix to magically make your skin perfect. A good skincare routine is all about patience, consistency, and commitment.